- A year after his parents’ divorce, he dropped out of high school to become a rock musician.
- His wife, Lori Anne Allison, introduced him to actor Nicolas Cage, who advised him to pursue an acting career.
- His first film role was in the horror film A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).
- His role in Edward Scissorhands established him as leading Hollywood actor.
- He has generally chosen roles which he found interesting, rather than those he thought would succeed at the box office.
- His most commercially successful films are the Pirates of the Caribbean films, which have grossed $3 billion.
- He has been nominated for major acting awards, including three nominations for Academy Award for Best Actor.
- Depp won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- He has been listed in the 2012 Guinness World Records as the highest paid actor, with earnings of $75 million
- Depp was inducted as a Disney Legend in 2015.
Johnny Depp’s 10 rules for success
1) Celebrate every moment
2) Keep moving Forward
3) Be Hungry
4) Be passionate
5) Stay Authentic
6) Be Creative
8) Do it for the right Reasons
9) Make people smile
10) Praise others